The Mining Legislation (Continuous Professional Development) Amendment Regulation 2022 is introducing the Queensland Practising Certificate Scheme to maintain the up-to-date skills and knowledge of individuals who hold Certificates of Competency and Notices, as granted in accordance with:
- Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999
- Coal Mining Safety and Health Regulation 2017
- Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999
- Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Regulation 2017
Holders of the following Competencies^ and Notices will be required to participate in the Practising Certificate Scheme, following the passing of legislation, as a condition to exercise any of the following statutory functions in Queensland.
- 1st Class Mine Manager (Coal)
- 1st Class Mine Manager (Metalliferous)
- 2nd Class Mine Manager (Coal)
- Open Cut Examiner
- Ventilation Officer
- Site Senior Executive (Coal) – Surface
- Site Senior Executive (Coal) – Underground
- Site Senior Executive (MMQ) – Surface (Greater than 20 persons)
- Site Senior Executive (MMQ) - Underground
Holders of the Notice: Site Senior Executive (MMQ) – Surface (for 11 to 20 persons)
- are not required to register for the Practising Certificate Scheme
Holders of a current Practising Certificate are required to complete a required total number of recognised learning hours each year (CPD activities), over each five-year period (CPD period) from date of issue.
^ Includes Competencies granted via Mutual Recognition
A single Practising Certificate is issued for all Competencies and Notices held
- Apply for a Practising Certificate @ https://www.boepcs.qld.gov.au
- A Practising Certificate is issued for a period of 5 years (the CPD period)
- Refer to the Continuous Professional Development Activities (CPD activities) tables to plan out your CPD activities in accordance with your Highest Level of Responsibility (HLR) and the Total Hours Required (THR). Refer to the table below.
CPD Activities tables are available to view from:
- Complete CPD activities
- Log each completed CPD activity online as soon as practical, after completion.
- Monitor your progress online.
- The Regulator will conduct audits of the evidence of completed CPD activities.
- Your Practising Certificate is to be renewed every 5 years.